Monday, January 16, 2012

What I Know Now That I Didn't Know Then

Today Grams is kicking off a new series intended to pass on the wisdom that comes with aging. Honestly, I'm kind of afraid that by mentioning it last week I've given it more of a build up than it deserves.

This new series was inspired by Anna, who I first met through her blog I Am Nanny Anna. Now she has a new blog, Mid-Life Mama. When she interviewed me for my feature it got me thinking about the things I've learned just as a result of getting older. Clearly women of a certain age have learned a few things just by virtue of experience and age.

Sometimes this will be a serious column intended to illuminate a serious subject. More often it will be tongue in cheek or clever. (I hope so anyway.) I'm also hoping to be able to reduce most of these observations to a one or two line graphic that could be pinned to a Pinterest board. "Hello, I'm Grams and I'm a Pinterest junkie." If you don't already, you can follow me on Pinterest.

So, when I started giving serious thought to things I didn't know about getting older, I realized that there are a few things my mother didn't tell me about getting old being a woman of a certain age. I don't know exactly why women in general haven't shared some of these less than delightful tidbits. I decided to start with this one.



I welcome your input and I will gladly share the credit. If you have words of wisdom to share that would be appropriate for "What I Know Now That I Didn't Know Then," please email me at vicki.valenta(at)gmail.com.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! You are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea for a new feature! And yeah, I can so see such things on Pinterest.

    Love your first entry! SO darn true (tho I *do* still pluck the brows, too, just because I've yet to perfect the stupid things!).

    Good luck with spreading your sage advice from a woman of a certain age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your idea is excellent! I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on and figure out just what exactly I've learned in the past 52 years! (This is going to be reeeealy hard) LOL

    ReplyDelete