Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pinterest Inspired New Year's Resolutions

It has been many years since Grams has made new year's resolutions. I just don't embrace the whole "new year - time to change" mentality. I don't diet any more. I committed to a lifetime of healthier eating choices five years ago when I had gastric bypass surgery. I could definitely resolve to exercise, but again, that's something I've already committed to do. I'm definitely not doing great with either of these, but I keep plugging away at it and I'm way healthier than I used to be.

But, I've seen so many blog posts and Facebook status updates about new year's resolutions, that it's really been on my mind. So I spent the first few days of the year thinking about what resolutions I could make that I could truly embrace. My favorite Pinterest board is one where I've been collecting words and quotes. I decided to go there and for inspiration. Here are my Pinterest inspired new year's resolutions.

First, I'm going to try to take time every day to notice when I'm happy.




Source: etsy.com via Vicki on Pinterest


When possible, I'm gong to avoid negative people.
 



I'm going to look for happiness in everything.
Source: notsalmon.com via Vicki on Pinterest


I'm going to be content with what I have.



I'm going to remember that a bad day is not a bad life, it's just a bad day.


Source: facebook.com via Vicki on Pinterest


I'm going to embrace the time I spend doing the things I enjoy.




I realize that those are some lofty goals and resolutions. I don't expect to be successful with all of them all of the time, but I think if I can build these into my daily life, I will be happier and healthier and 2012 will be a great year.