Thursday, October 8, 2009

Grams Made Monkey Bread

I first tasted this delicious sweet bread when my next-door neighbor, Mary Lou Simmons, made it for our bunco club. There's a little bit of work involved in rolling the biscuits quarters in cinnamon and sugar, but other than that it's extremely easy. I love to put it on one of my pretty pedestal cake plates and then just let everyone pull it apart and eat it communally while we sit and talk. You really have to bake this in a "tube pan" or it won't get done in the middle. I use my Bundt pan. Thanks to Mary Lou for sharing the recipe.

1 stick Butter
1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
4 cans Biscuits
1 cup Pecans
1/4 cup Cinnamon

Melt Butter and stir in 1 cup of Brown Sugar.

Mix Cinnamon and Brown Sugar together in a separate bowl.

Cut biscuits into quarters and roll each quarter in Cinnamon and Brown Sugar mixture.

Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour half of butter and brown sugar mixture into bottom of pan. Sprinkle one-third of the Pecans in, then fill pan by stacking coated biscuits and pecans. Pour remaining butter mixture over top.

Bake at 350 degrees until done (30-45 minutes).