Sunday, January 23, 2011

Meet My New Baby

Grams has been waiting a long time for today ... more than 9 months. And here she is, my new baby.

I bought her yesterday at Best Buy. I've been saving for months. This is the first computer I've ever bought just for me. We have a Dell desktop in my craft room, but it was purchased as a family computer and is several years old. The laptop I've been using for the last two years is a Dell Latitude that runs Windows 2000. It's at least 7 years old, probably older. My husband rescued it from recycling.

My new laptop is an ASUS with an Intel® Pentium® Processor, 15.6" Display, 3GB Memory, and 500GB Hard Drive. I love it. It's so fast compared to any other computer I've ever used. Unlike my previous model, it has everything built in, a web-cam, a card reader for my camera card, and, most important to me, a wireless modem. The only way to run wireless on my old laptop was with a wireless modem that had to be plugged into the side like a jump drive. I broke more than one of them off over the years and it was always a problem when Our Little Princess visited, because she kept bumping into it.

My new laptom runs Windows 7. The keyboard features "island-style" keys and has a full keyboard including a number pad. I'm having a little bit of trouble adjusting to the placements of the "enter" key and the "backspace" key. It's just slightly different from what I'm used to, but I'm sure it will only take a day or two.

I'm looking forward to many happy hours of blogging, surfing, emailing, and Facebooking. I'm sure we'll be very happy together.