Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Grams Made Turkey Feta Olive Burgers

Grandad and Grams are working on getting back to healthy eating this week. We've been somewhat out of control since the holidays. I'm also working on "shopping my cupboard" which means I'm trying to use up what is in my cabinets and refrigerator. I had about 3/4 of a package of feta cheese and a pound of ground turkey breast. This is what I came up with.


1 pound ground turkey breast
1 egg
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
2 teaspoons dried oregano
black pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and form into 4 patties.  Cook on pre-heated George Foreman grill for 9 minutes or cook on grill for 4-5 minutes on each side.

They were really good. I served them with baked sweet potato fries and spinach with garlic and olive oil.