Friday, February 19, 2010

The Princess is One

On Saturday, February 20, Our Little Princess will be one year old. I can't believe a year has gone by already. Here is the story of her first amazing year as she might tell it.
My name is Ezra Allison White. I arrived in the world in San Antonio, Texas around 5 in the afternoon on February 20, 2009. The doctor was very surprised that I weighed a healthy 9 pounds 3 ounces. As you can see, I looked gorgeous as soon as they cleaned me up and let me cuddle up with Mama.

Mama and Daddy were very happy to see me. Okay, I don't know why Mama seemed so tired, I think she must have had a hard day. They were delighted that I was a beautiful, healthy baby girl.

All my grandparents were happy to meet me. Grams and Grandad were over the moon with happiness because I am their first grandchild.

Auntie Marie and Uncle Nick came to see me as fast as they could get from Houston to San Antonio. I had lots of visitors at the hospital. Some of my new cousins brought me this handmade hat that Uncle Nick is modeling. I have to say that my Uncle Nick is hilarious. He always makes me laugh.

A couple of days later, when I went home for the first time, Daddy took my first portrait and I met Minnie. Minnie watches over me and as soon as I learn to throw the ball, I think she'll really like me. Minnie makes me laugh at least as much as Uncle Nick.

Compared to my former living quarters, my new home seems so big and bright. By the time I was one month old, I was bright-eyed and interested in everything that was going on around me. Mom and Dad made sure my room is beautiful. It's painted a pretty blue color and there are birds that hang right over my bed. I love to sit in my great-grandmother's rocking chair that Daddy painted just for my room.

Mama and Daddy take me lots of places, almost everywhere. There is so much to do and see and they're really good at showing me new things. I know I can depend on them to show me how things work.

In the summer my big sister Mady came to stay. She was very handy to have around and helped Mama and Daddy take care of me. She's a great big sister and I can't wait to see her again. Mady and Daddy let me play video games with them. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to beat them by next summer.

I found my toes but wasn't quite sure what they were for. So I tried out a few different things. For a while I used them to hold my bottle. They also were a pretty good pacifier and kind of tasty. Now that I'm walking I know exactly what they're for. Last Sunday, I got to squish them in the sandbox for the first time. I really liked that!

Grams introduced me to two of her favorite things ... Starbucks and shopping. She loves to take me shopping and make dresses for me, but for some reason she won't let me have any coffee. It sure smells good though.

I must admit, I've had a few issues with my hair, but I think they're finally under control. Aunt B says I need some product. I'm sure she'll help me with it as soon as I get a little bit more hair.

My Mom dresses me quite fashionably. Some days I feel like a Barbie doll. Here are a few samples of my wardrobe. No matter what I wear, Grams thinks I look fabulous! By the way, I chose the tutu myself. I would wear it every day if Mom would let me.

Late in the summer, Mom and Dad took Mady to see Phantom of the Opera in Houston. Noni came too and we stayed with Uncle Nick. Uncle Nick babysat for the first time and it was so much fun. I made a dirty diaper just for him to change. You might notice in the picture that Uncle Nick wore rubber gloves when he changed my diaper. I told you he was hilarious!

My Aunt Catherine and Uncle Chad had a beautiful wedding last fall and I got to go. Grams and Grandad took care of me while Mama, Dad and Mady participated in the wedding. Grams made me this fabulous dress to wear. I think Mom and I looked beautiful.

There was so much to do and so many people to meet. I've already been to Gruene Hall with Uncle Mack, Aunt B and my cousin Eric and his son Jonathan. Uncle Charlie and Aunt Sandy were there too. I met some of my cousins and my great-great aunts and uncles at the Valenta Family Reunion in Corn Hill. My Great-Grandma Ruthie was there too. It was so much fun. But it wasn't all sunshine and roses this year; shortly after the reunion I got sick and had to be hospitalized; but I'm all better now.

On Christmas Eve we went to Great-Grandma Ruthie's house. All of Mom's aunts and uncles and cousins were there. We opened presents with Grams and Grandad on Christmas morning and then we went back to San Antonio and had Christmas Day with Dad's family. Christmas was so much fun. I hope we do it again next year.

Mama and Daddy love music and so do I. When Dad plays his guitar, I accompany him on the hand drum. And I really like singing Itsy-Bitsy Spider with Mama.

As you can see, my first year has been very busy. Mom and Dad had a little birthday party for me last weekend. My Noni came all the way from Louisiana and Grams and Grandad came from Corpus Christi. Of course, Uncle Nicky and Auntie Marie came from Houston. They gave me my first pair of cowboy boots. I ate my first piece of chocolate cake, which I shared with Uncle Nick and Grandad. I got so many new toys and clothes. I especially liked the shredded green paper that was in one of the bags.

So my first year has been fun. I don't know if I'm a "baby genius" or not, but I'm learning a lot and everyone is expecting great things from me. I know whatever happens in my life ... I'm going to be great ... because so many people love and support me, especially Mom and Dad.

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet entry...I can't believe that one year ago tonight you, me, Travis, and Dad were sitting on the couch watching movies, trying to keep my mind off of what was going to be happening the next morning. What a great year it's been!