Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Like Mother, Like Daughter

A few weeks ago, Grams and Grandad were shopping with Our Little Princess in San Antonio. While we were trying on shoes, there was a man nearby who approached Grams and said "I bet your daughter looks just like you and this little one looks just like her Mom."

Anytime there's a new baby in the family, there's always a lot of talk about who he or she looks like. My father-in-law used to say "she doesn't look like anyone but herself." Mostly I tend to agree with him. Frankly, I've always thought Our Little Princess looks a little bit like her older half-sister who lives in Chicago; until recently that is.


I recognized a few months ago that there is a remarkable resemblance between Our Little Princess and her mother. Last weekend when she stayed with us, I had the chance to "do" her hair. Since it's so hot, I did it the way I used to do her Mom's ... pig tails. As soon as I finished, I knew there was no longer any question. In this photo, Our Little Princess on the left is 18 months old and her Mom on the right is 3 years old.  What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's funny. But I do get that a lot. I still say she totally has her dad's eyes, though--same color and shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need a picture of her father on the other side...just saying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to say hi! Love this site!

    Hope you'll come visit and follow me too :)
    http://seekingsisterhood.blogspot.com/

    Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping in from sits!! Grandchildren are the best!! She is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look like twins to me. Now you need to find your own baby pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So super cute! There is always a lot of talk about that on our side too! I am going to use the only looks like herself comment now.

    ReplyDelete