Monday, May 3, 2010

Grams Made Asparagus and Bacon Quiche

I found this recipe in my e-mail inbox last week. I would give credit to the source but I forgot to make a note of it. I made it for dinner tonight and it is quick, easy and delicious. I highly recommend it.

1 refrigerated pie crust (like Pillsbury All-Ready)
1 pound fresh asparagus
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 (5-ounce) package grated Swiss cheese
5 eggs
1 cup half-and-half
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Unroll pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate. Fold pie crust edges under and crimp. Set aside.

Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces; place in a small microwave-safe baking dish. Cover dish tightly with heavy-duty plastic wrap; fold back a small corner to allow steam to escape.

Microwave on High for 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender; drain well.

Place asparagus in bottom of prepared crust. Top evenly with crumbled bacon and cheese.

In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Pour over cheese.

Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until set.